Pipedrive CRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that is designed to help businesses manage their sales processes more efficiently.
Pipedrive CRM, one of the best systems for workflow automation, has a lot of capabilities and can assist sales teams in keeping track of their customer information and pipeline.
In this review, I will explore the features, cost, and other aspects of Pipedrive CRM.
I’ll also provide my opinions on the companies I believe will gain the most from implementing Pipedrive CRM.
What is Pipedrive CRM?
Pipedrive CRM software is a cloud-based platform that is used by sales teams of all sizes to organize their contacts, deals, and activities in a single location. Pipedrive’s primary focus is on visualizing and tracking sales pipelines, which helps businesses stay on top of their sales process and increase their chances of closing more deals.
The software is known for its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for sales teams to use and navigate.
It offers basic CRM tools and a range of features, including deal management, contact management, sales forecasting, and reporting. Pipedrive CRM also integrates with a variety of third-party tools, such as email clients, marketing automation software, and project management tools, to enhance its functionality and provide a more comprehensive sales solution for businesses.
Overall, Pipedrive CRM is an effective sales management tool that can help businesses streamline their sales processes, improve their sales performance, and ultimately grow their business.
Pipedrive CRM Key Features
Sales Pipeline Management
One of the key features of Pipedrive CRM is its sales pipeline management tool. With this tool, businesses can easily visualize and manage their sales pipelines, from the initial contact with a prospect to closing the deal. The sales pipeline management tool enables businesses to track the progress of their sales processes, identify potential bottlenecks, and make data-driven decisions to improve their sales performance.
Pipedrive’s sales pipeline management tool enables businesses to visualize their sales process, identify bottlenecks, and make data-driven decisions to improve their sales performance. By tracking each stage of the sales process, businesses can see where leads are getting stuck and take action to address the issue. They can also prioritize deals, schedule follow-up tasks, and set reminders to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks. This helps businesses close deals faster and more efficiently.
Another important feature of Pipedrive CRM is its contact management tool. This tool allows businesses to manage their contacts and leads more effectively, ensuring that they are always up-to-date and easily accessible. The contact management tool provides a centralized database of all contacts and leads, allowing users to track their interactions with each prospect and ensure that they are following up with them at the right time.
Pipedrive’s contact management tool enables businesses to manage their contacts and leads more effectively. By having a centralized database of all contacts and leads, businesses can ensure that they are up-to-date and easily accessible. The contact management tool allows businesses to track their interactions with each prospect and ensure that they are following up with them at the right time. By segmenting contacts and leads based on various criteria, businesses can target their marketing and sales efforts more effectively and improve their conversion rates.
Pipedrive also offers a range of sales reporting tools that enable businesses to track their sales performance and identify areas for improvement. The sales reporting tools provide detailed insights into key metrics such as sales pipeline velocity, conversion rates, and sales team performance.
Pipedrive’s sales reporting tools enable businesses to track their sales performance and identify areas for improvement. By tracking key metrics such as sales pipeline velocity, conversion rates, and sales team performance, businesses can make data-driven decisions to optimize their sales processes for maximum efficiency and profitability. Custom reports and dashboards allow businesses to track the metrics that matter most to them and identify trends and patterns in their sales data.
Pipedrive User interface & ease of use
Pipedrive is known for its user-friendly interface. The platform has a clean and organized layout, making it easy to navigate for both new and experienced users.
Dashboard and Navigation
The Pipedrive dashboard is customizable, allowing users to create a personalized view of their sales pipeline and other relevant data. The navigation is located on the left side of the dashboard and is organized into different sections, such as deals, contacts, activities, and settings. Users can easily switch between different sections by clicking on the appropriate icon in the navigation menu.
Sales Pipeline Management
The sales pipeline management tool is one of the key features of Pipedrive, and the interface is designed to make it easy to manage deals through each stage of the sales process. The pipeline is displayed as a series of columns, with each column representing a stage in the sales process. Users can drag and drop deals between columns to update their progress, add notes and tasks, and schedule appointments directly from the pipeline view.
The contact management tool in Pipedrive is similarly easy to use. Users can add new contacts directly from the dashboard or import contacts from other sources. The contact details are displayed in an easy-to-read format, with different fields such as name, company, phone number, and email address. Users can also create custom fields to track other relevant information about their contacts.
Pipedrive offers a range of sales reporting tools, and the interface is designed to make it easy to track and analyze sales data. Users can create custom reports and dashboards to monitor key metrics such as conversion rates, sales team performance, and deal progress. The reports can be exported as CSV or PDF files, making it easy to share them with team members or other stakeholders.
Pipedrive CRM Setup & Getting Started
The setup process is designed to be quick and easy, allowing businesses to get up and running with the platform from day one. In this section, we will describe the setup process for Pipedrive and how quickly businesses can start using the platform.
1. Sign up for an account – The first step in setting up Pipedrive is to sign up for an account. Businesses can sign up for a free trial on the Pipedrive website by entering their email address and choosing a password. The trial period is typically 14 or 30 days, depending on the plan selected.
2. Customize the settings – Once the account is set up, businesses can customize their settings to suit their needs. This includes adding users, setting up pipelines, creating custom fields, and configuring integrations with other tools. The settings can be accessed from the dashboard by clicking on the “Settings” button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Import data – To get started with Pipedrive, businesses can import their existing data from other tools such as spreadsheets or other CRM platforms. Pipedrive provides easy-to-use import tools that allow businesses to upload their data in just a few clicks.
4. Start managing deals and contacts – With the data imported and settings customized, businesses can start managing their deals and contacts in Pipedrive. The platform provides a range of tools for managing deals through each stage of the sales process, tracking interactions with contacts, and monitoring sales performance.
Pipedrive CRM Customization
Pipedrive can be customized to fit the specific needs of a business. Here are some ways in which you can accomplish this:
Custom Fields: Pipedrive allows you to add custom fields to your sales pipeline to capture unique information that is specific to your business. For example, if you run a real estate business, you might want to add custom fields to track property type, location, and other relevant information.
Custom Stages: Pipedrive allows you to create custom sales stages that reflect your business’s sales process. This can help you track deals more effectively and get a better understanding of where your deals are in the pipeline.
Custom Activities: Pipedrive allows you to create custom activities that reflect your business’s unique sales process. This can include tasks, meetings, calls, and other actions that need to be taken to move a deal forward.
Custom Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with a wide variety of other tools and platforms, including email, calendar, and project management software. By customizing your integrations, you can create a more streamlined sales process that fits your business’s needs.
Custom Reports: Pipedrive provides a variety of pre-built reports that can give you insights into your sales pipeline. However, you can also create custom reports that are tailored to your business’s specific needs. This can help you identify trends and opportunities that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Pipedrive CRM Integrations
Pipedrive offers a range of integrations with other tools and platforms. Here are some examples:
Email Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with a range of email platforms, including Gmail, Outlook, and Exchange. These integrations allow you to sync your email inbox with Pipedrive, track email conversations with your leads and contacts, and schedule follow-up tasks and activities based on email interactions.
Marketing Automation Integrations: Pipedrive also integrates with a variety of marketing automation tools, such as Mailchimp, HubSpot, and ActiveCampaign. These integrations enable you to automate your email marketing campaigns, track website visitor behavior, and score leads based on their engagement with your content.
Project Management Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with popular project management tools such as Trello, Asana, and Basecamp. This enables you to seamlessly track your sales pipeline within your project management workflow, and ensure that your sales team is aligned with your overall project goals.
Accounting Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with accounting tools like Xero and Quickbooks. This integration allows you to create and send invoices directly from Pipedrive, track payments, and expenses, and monitor your cash flow.
Customer Support Integrations: Pipedrive integrates with customer support platforms like Zendesk and Intercom. These integrations enable you to track customer inquiries and support tickets directly from within Pipedrive, ensuring that your sales and support teams are always on the same page.
Pipedrive CRM Price
Pipedrive offers a range of pricing plans that cater to businesses of different sizes and needs. Here is an overview of the Pipedrive pricing plans and what features are included at each level:
- Essential Plan: Starts at $15/user/month and includes basic sales pipeline management features such as lead and deal tracking, email integration, and mobile app access. Other features included in this plan are custom fields, activity and task tracking, and basic reporting.
- Advanced Plan: Starts at $25/user/month and includes all features of the Essential plan, plus advanced sales management features such as email tracking, goal setting, and customizable dashboards. Other features included in this plan are email automation, workflow automation, and custom user permissions.
- Professional Plan: Starts at $49/user/month and includes all features of the Advanced plan, plus advanced reporting and analytics features such as revenue forecasting, pipeline insights, and team performance metrics. Other features included in this plan are smart contact data, multiple dashboards, and call tracking.
- Enterprise Plan: Starts at $99/user/month and includes all features of the Professional plan, plus additional customization and integration options such as API access, custom user roles, and dedicated account management. Other features included in this plan are advanced security and user provisioning, single sign-on (SSO) support, and advanced data privacy settings.
Overall, Pipedrive’s pricing plans offer a range of features and functionality to help businesses of all sizes and stages to manage their sales pipelines and improve their sales performance. With flexible pricing options and scalable plans, Pipedrive can meet the needs of businesses looking to streamline their sales processes and improve their bottom line.
Pipedrive CRM Customer Support
Pipedrive offers a range of customer support options to ensure that its users can get the help they need when they need it. Here’s an overview of Pipedrive’s customer support options:
Phone Support: Pipedrive offers phone support for its users during business hours, Monday through Friday. This allows users to speak directly with a customer support representative and get immediate assistance with their questions or issues.
Email Support: Pipedrive also offers email support for users who prefer to submit their inquiries or issues in writing. Users can send an email to Pipedrive’s support team and receive a response within 24 hours.
Live Chat Support: Pipedrive’s website features a live chat option that users can access to get help with their questions or issues. The live chat feature allows users to speak with a customer support representative in real time and get immediate assistance.
Help Center: Pipedrive’s website also features a comprehensive help center that includes articles, tutorials, and FAQs on a range of topics related to using the platform. The help center allows users to search for information and get answers to common questions quickly and easily.
Community Forum: Pipedrive also maintains a community forum where users can connect with other users, share tips and best practices, and get help with their questions or issues. The community forum is a great resource for users who want to learn more about how to use Pipedrive effectively.
Pipedrive CRM Pros and Cons
What I Like
- Intuitive Interface: Pipedrive’s user interface is designed to be easy to use and navigate, making it accessible to users of all levels of technical expertise. Its drag-and-drop functionality and customizable pipeline views make it simple to manage sales processes and track progress.
- Customizable Features: Pipedrive allows users to customize their sales pipeline stages, fields, and tags, which can help businesses tailor the platform to their specific needs. This flexibility allows businesses to create a sales management system that is optimized for their unique sales processes and workflows.
- Seamless Integrations: Pipedrive offers integrations with a range of third-party tools and services, including email providers, marketing automation platforms, and project management tools. This seamless integration with other platforms ensures that users can use Pipedrive as part of a larger sales and marketing ecosystem.
- Mobile App Access: Pipedrive offers a mobile app that allows users to manage their sales pipelines and access important customer data from anywhere. This mobile app functionality ensures that sales teams can be productive and responsive even when they’re on the go.
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics: Pipedrive’s reporting and analytics features allow businesses to track performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions. These insights can help businesses optimize their sales processes and improve their overall sales performance.
Overall, Pipedrive offers businesses a powerful and customizable sales management solution that is intuitive and easy to use. Its seamless integrations, mobile app access, and advanced reporting features make it a top choice for businesses looking to streamline their sales processes and improve their bottom line.
What I Don’t Like
- Limited Integrations: While Pipedrive offers integrations with many popular third-party tools and services, it may not have as many integrations as other CRM software. This can limit businesses’ ability to create a fully integrated sales and marketing ecosystem using Pipedrive as the central hub.
- No Built-in Email Marketing: Pipedrive does not offer a built-in email marketing tool, which means that businesses will need to use a separate platform for email marketing campaigns. This can create additional work for businesses and can make it more difficult to track the effectiveness of email campaigns.
- Pricing Structure: While Pipedrive offers a range of pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes, its pricing structure can be more expensive than some other CRM software options. This can make it less accessible for smaller businesses or businesses with limited budgets.
- Learning Curve: While Pipedrive’s user interface is designed to be intuitive and easy to use, it can still take time for new users to learn how to use the platform effectively. This can create a learning curve for businesses and may require additional training or support.
- Limited Advanced Features: While Pipedrive offers a range of powerful features, it may not have some of the more advanced features offered by other CRM software options. This can limit businesses’ ability to create customized workflows or implement more complex sales and marketing strategies.
Overall, while Pipedrive offers many advantages for businesses looking for a sales management solution, it’s important to consider these potential drawbacks and determine whether they are significant enough to impact your business’s decision to use Pipedrive as a CRM software option.
Which businesses are best suited for Pipedrive CRM?
- Small to Medium-Sized Businesses: Pipedrive is designed with small to medium-sized businesses in mind, offering a range of customizable features and a user-friendly interface that can help these businesses optimize their sales processes without requiring extensive technical knowledge.
- Sales-Driven Businesses: Pipedrive’s focus on customizable sales pipelines and advanced reporting capabilities make it an ideal choice for businesses with a sales-driven focus. If your business relies heavily on sales revenue, Pipedrive can help you streamline your sales processes and track your performance more effectively.
- B2B Companies: Pipedrive’s sales pipeline management features make it particularly well-suited for B2B companies that rely on a longer sales cycle and need to track multiple contacts and touchpoints throughout the sales process.
- Businesses That Prioritize Customization: Pipedrive’s customizable pipelines and workflows make it a great choice for businesses that must tailor their sales processes to their specific needs. Whether you need to track leads through multiple stages of the sales funnel or customize your reporting metrics, Pipedrive can help you do it.
- Businesses That Use Google Workspace: Pipedrive integrates seamlessly with Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite), which can be a major benefit for businesses that use these tools for email, calendar management, and document sharing.
Overall, Pipedrive is a powerful CRM software option that can be particularly well-suited for small to medium-sized sales-driven businesses that prioritize customization and need to track multiple touchpoints throughout the sales process. If these characteristics describe your business, Pipedrive may be a great fit for your needs.
Learn how to choose the best CRM for your business in our in-depth article.
Consider Your Business Needs: Before committing to Pipedrive, it’s important to consider your business’s specific needs and goals. If you need CRM software with extensive email marketing capabilities, for example, Pipedrive may not be the best fit. However, if you’re looking for a customizable sales pipeline and advanced reporting capabilities, Pipedrive could be a great choice.
Take Advantage of the Free Trial: Pipedrive offers a 14-day free trial, which can give you a chance to test out the platform and see if it’s a good fit for your business. During the trial period, be sure to explore all of the platform’s features and capabilities to get a full understanding of what it can offer.
Consider Integrations: While Pipedrive offers integrations with many popular third-party tools and services, it’s important to consider whether it integrates with the other tools your business uses. If Pipedrive doesn’t integrate with your email marketing platform, for example, you may need to consider a different CRM software option.
Get Support When You Need It: Pipedrive offers several customer support options, including phone, email, and live chat. If you run into any issues or have questions about how to use the platform effectively, be sure to take advantage of these support options.
Pipedrive CRM is a powerful and user-friendly CRM software option that can help businesses optimize their sales processes and improve their bottom line. While it may not be the best fit for every business, those looking for a customizable and intuitive platform should definitely consider Pipedrive CRM.
Get started with Pipedrive.
Want to see how it compares? Take a look at my below side-by-side comparisons.
What are the Pipedrive Alternatives?
- Salesforce: One of the largest and most popular CRM platforms on the market, offering a range of sales, marketing, and service tools. Read the full review.
- HubSpot CRM: Popular choice for small and medium-sized businesses, offering features such as email marketing, lead management, and analytics. Read the full review.
- Zoho CRM: Cloud-based solution that offers a range of features including sales automation, marketing automation, and customer support. Read the full review.
- Insightly: Designed for small businesses, offering features such as contact management, project management, and lead tracking.
- Freshsales: Cloud-based CRM platform that offers features such as lead management, email tracking, and analytics.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365: Comprehensive CRM platform that includes sales, marketing, customer service, and operations tools.
- Copper: CRM platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses, offering features such as contact management, lead tracking, and email integration.